The Shimano Deore XT M772 Shadow Rear Derailleur 8/9-Speed
was originally developed for All Mountain bikers, but also finds many fans of other mountain bikers. The super-slim profile (saves 11-18 mm) of the Shadow derailleur significantly reduces the risk of damage on narrow, demanding trails. The circuit works clean and quiet.
The XT RD-M772 derailleur has a greater vertical stability, which reduces the hitting the derailleur on the right strut on stout trails. The rear derailleur is precisely positioned and works perfectly. The rear derailleur received particular attention with regard to the lowest possible weight and crisp gearshifting for extreme applications. The cable length has been reduced because fewer cables mean less friction and better feedback.
The XT model has taken over the "X-Shape" of the outer panel borrowed from the XTR, which stands for an optimal ratio of weight to stiffness.
Series: XT M770
Application: All Mountain
Max Capacity: 35 teeth (Medium), 45 teeth (Long)
Compatibility: Shimano MTB / Hybrid 9-speed
compatible chain: HG 9 Speed
Weight: GS Medium 227g / SGS Long 229g
Jockey wheel: 11 teeth
Material outer cage: aluminum
Material inner cage: aluminum
Material Other components: stainless steel, steel, aluminum
- Shimano Shadow rear derailleur: minimized tread and top standard design for more aggressive riding style
- low-profile and single-spring construction: The rear derailleur does not strike the chainstay even under the most adverse conditions.
- clean and quiet switching
- direct cable routing prevents entanglement at an obstacle
- stronger return spring for a
crisper shift feel - 4 fluorine-coated joint bushings
- painted baffles
- tensioning roller bearing sealed
Shimano Item # • UPC
GS Medium • IRDM772GS
UPC : 689228130326
SGS Long • IRDM772SGS
UPC : 689228130333
Original Shimano parts guarantees that all components work perfectly for optimum performance and maximum safety and longevity.